Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This online course introduces specific topics and outlines criteria related to the establishment of a medical needs sheltering. The Medical Needs Sheltering (MNS) course was originally developed for the Mississippi State Department of Health Medical Needs Shelter team members as part of their annual training. The course provides an overview of policies and procedures related to how a MNS operates, shelter staff roles and responsibilities, the types of residents admitted to the shelter, and existing MNS resources in Mississippi. The course curriculum also addresses staff preparation, activation, deployment, demobilization and other logistical considerations during an event.
- Describe a Medical Needs Shelter
- Identify what populations are accepted into a Medical Needs Shelter
- Define one’s role on a Medical Needs Shelter Team
- Describe the operations of a Medical Needs Shelter
- Identify the appropriate forms to use in a Medical Needs Shelter