Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
The purpose of this course is to understand the management issues in disaster and its outcomes through examining the crisis cycle involved in risk audit, mitigation, preparedness planning, impact of the crisis event, response and recovery. Exercises and discussion will be incorporated as part of the discussion of each of the crisis phases.
- Understand the crisis cycle
- Distinguish between crises and the response to them
- Define the stages in emergency preparedness planning
- Understand the importance of mitigation in the planning and response to disaster
- Determine the phases in management and response to a disaster
- Explore the transition from response to recovery