Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This tabletop exercise tests the adequacy of emergency response plans during all phases of a simulated pandemic influenza event at a university. The exercise involves a communicable disease outbreak that affects three campuses and is geared for administrators, unit leaders, and departments, as well as external agencies who will have to interact with a university during a pandemic.
- Identify some of the participating organization's current strengths and gaps in relation to pandemic influenza plans
- Promote interagency collaboration/coordination regarding emergency preparation and responsiveness
- Identify the roles of a university officials, public officials, and staff in a large-scale communicable disease event
- Identify university policies and communication networks needed to address a large-scale communicable disease event
- Identify additional related training/learning needs