Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
Food poisoning at the fair, rabies exposure at the rodeo, crowd trampling at a World Cup game: what is the role of public health at events that attract large crowds? This module will teach you to assess and plan for the prevention and mitigation of public health threats at mass gatherings. It covers topics of risk assessment, surveillance, health response, coordination, and communication. This 90-minute module can be completed over several shorter sessions. It also includes a unique practice scenario to further enhance your learning.
- Define three characteristics of mass gatherings
- List four major areas of public health responsibility related to mass gatherings
- Identify tools and resources to assist in the planning of key public health activities at mass gatherings
- Identify four key factors that influence potential health risks associated with mass gatherings
- Describe the importance of involving public health in the coordination and communication with other agencies and organizations throughout the planning and operational processes for mass gatherings