Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
Hone your public health assessment skills with Analysis and Interpretation of Public Health Data Part 1, the second module in this five-part series on data analysis. This module focuses on how to use data to answer assessment questions, reviews some of the basic epidemiology and statistics underlying assessment, and introduces you to the concepts of some frequently used measures in assessment.
- Explain the purpose of descriptive epidemiology and how it is used for assessment
- Describe why rates are important in doing assessment
- Name three kinds of rates
- Describe the two types of summary measures
- Explain the purpose of standardizing rates through age adjustment