Epidemiology & Surveillance
University of Washington
Public Health Surveillance and Epidemiologic Investigation
Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
Are you a public health worker with little or no knowledge of epidemiology who would like to know more? This narrated, one-hour module introduces the concepts and principles of infectious disease in epidemiology. By the end of this module, you'll be familiar with infectious disease agents and transmission characteristics, epidemiologic methods, and vaccination and other control measures.
- Define key concepts of infectious disease epidemiology
- Explain the relationship of an infectious agent to its host and the environment
- Describe different modes of transmission
- Understand how common infectious agents are classified
- Describe the role of vaccination and other control measures in preventing disease spread
Public Health Surveillance and Epidemiological Investigation