Epidemiology & Surveillance
Texas A&M University
Training and Education Collaborative PERLC
Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This course will present a background of epidemiology and how it is studied, as well as provide contemporary examples of epidemiological studies from natural and intentionally-induced disasters.
- Define epidemiology
- Describe the difference between personal health care and public health
- List the basic steps epidemiologists use in studying disease/injury
- List the areas of epidemiological study
- Define the two types of epidemiological studies
- Describe the Epidemiology Intelligence Service (EIS)
- Describe the techniques used in the epidemiological studies of September 11th and the SARS outbreak
- List the lessons learned from these studies as they apply to public health
Public Health Surveillance and Epidemiological Investigation