Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This program was originally developed in DVD format and mailed to Iowa's first responders, hospitals, and public health agencies. Its' goal is to provide Iowa’s First Responders with a consistent message regarding the history, prevention approaches, safety and legal considerations, and psychological issues involved in responding to a pandemic.
- Describe the history and current status of pandemic influenza
- Discuss safety considerations that must be implemented when responding to a pandemic influenza event
- Describe public health approaches that are in place for disease and illness prevention
- Discuss the legal issues that may arise when isolation and quarantine are implemented as disease containment strategies
- Discuss the psychological impact of pandemics in the responders’ performance