Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
The goal of this course is to provide an overview of Iowa's Strategic National Stockpile (SNS) plan. The intended audience for this course are persons at both the state and local level who may be involved in the state's operational plan for the receipt, allocation and/or distribution of medical assets during a public health emergency.
- Describe the mission of the federal SNS program
- List the goal of the Iowa SNS program
- Identify the 5-tiered response developed for Iowa's SNS program
- Identify the 3 main phases of the Iowa SNS program
- Define the established process for requesting SNS assets
- Identify who has authority to request deployment of SNS assets
- Define the 12-Hour Push Package and application during a public health emergency
- Define Managed Inventory and application during a public health emergency
- Review the State's operational plan for the receipt, allocation and distribution of medical assets
- Identify mass dispensing and mass vaccination goals
- Identify general POD operational processes
- Discuss components of a local POD plan