Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This course is intended for health care workers in a hospital environment who may need to respond to an incident involving a contaminated patient on the operations level. Prerequisite: HAZMAT Awareness for Healthcare Providers is a prerequisite for this course.
- Describe toxicity and relative toxicity
- Define common terms (i.e. IDLH, TLV-C) used to measure toxicity and exposure limits
- List the four major routes of entry of toxic chemicals and describe factors that affect absorption for each
- Describe measures to avoid secondary contamination
- Use reference materials to obtain information about a toxic chemical in order to treat patients and maintain safety of self and others
- List the steps for donning and doffing PPE
- List the steps for assembling and disassembling a decontamination shower
- Utilize manufacturer instructions for the proper care and maintenance of PPE
- Recognize circumstances under which you can or cannot rely on your PPE for protection
- List the steps for decontaminating ambulatory and non-ambulatory patients