Assessment & Evaluation
University of Iowa
Upper Midwest PERLC
Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This scenario-based training is an awareness-level course, intended to help users develop a basic understanding of what a Community Assessment for Public Health Emergency Response (CASPER) is and how it can be used following a disaster. The primary intended audience for this course is local public health administrators and local county emergency managers. The course was developed in 2012 by the Upper Midwest Preparedness and Emergency Response Learning Center in partnership with the Iowa Department of Public Health.
- Define what a Community Assessment for Public Health Emergency Response (CASPER) is and its purpose
- Identify when conditions are appropriate for local public health officials or county emergency mangers to initiate a CASPER
- Describe the types of questions needed to obtain information about the affected area
- Recall the steps and sampling method used when conducting the assessment
- Indicate what needs to be done after a CASPER is performed
Emergency Operations Coordination
Public Health Surveillance and Epidemiological Investigation