Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This course addresses the use of exercises to enhance and measure preparedness. Topics covered include a description of a preparedness exercise, and the purposes of exercises. The course also describes the process of designing, conducting, and evaluating exercises, as well as common pitfalls people experience in executing preparedness exercises. Learning objectives will help to enhance one’s ability to ‘participate in improving the organization’s capacities’ which is competency 3.3 under Plan and Improve Practice.
- Describe the types of preparedness exercises
- Understand the components of a discussion-based exercise
- Understand the components of an operation- based exercise
- Learn the attributes of a successful exercise
- Learn about the exercise evaluation and improvement process