Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
In this simulation, the learner will assume the perspective of various public health professionals responding to a natural disaster. They will make decisions on behalf of a county public health director, a public health nurse, an environmental health specialist, and other public health professionals. By approaching the emerging public health issues from these perspectives, the players gain a deeper understanding of the issues at hand, the decisions that colleagues in other disciplines face, and how those decisions impact his or her area of expertise.
- Identify public health concerns resulting from the simulated natural disaster
- Apply risk communication principles to public health concerns associated with the simulated natural disaster
- Correlate characters’ attributes to roles within the Public Health Incident Command System
- Describe the primary roles in an Emergency Operations Center
- Choose appropriate actions within the simulated scenario to minimize risk associated with food safety
- Describe the roles of public health disciplines within the simulated disaster
- Identify at least two individual knowledge gaps associated with the simulated scenario
- Integrate learnings about the public health response and recovery of other public health disciplines into future disaster planning