Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
Public health workers need to understand and implement basic concepts of personal preparedness planning so that they can function effectively as public health emergency responders in a post-9/11 world.
- Describe the three main components of personal preparedness planning
- Define the concept of “shelter-in-place.”
- Discuss two reasons why personal preparedness planning is relevant for public health worers
- List four reasons why it is inappropriate to stockpile antibiotics in one’s home to prepare for a bioterrorism event
- Describe three special needs considerations relevant to personal preparedness planning