Epidemiology & Surveillance
University of North Carolina
University of North Carolina PERLC
Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This issue of the ERIC Notebook, offered by the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health, gives an introduction to randomized controlled trials. It includes examples and practice questions.
- Describe the randomized controlled trial study design
- Define randomization
- Define blinding or masking
- State the benefits and limitations of randomization and blinding or masking
- Describe how randomization is accomplished and at what level
- Explain the threats to the validity of a randomized controlled trial
Public Health Surveillance and Epidemiological Investigation