Epidemiology & Surveillance
University of North Carolina
University of North Carolina PERLC
Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This presentation, offered by the Gillings School of Global Public Health, will provide an overview of the epidemiology and control of rabies.
- Explain the natural history of rabies
- Describe the epidemiology regarding current rabies statistics
- Discuss guidelines involved in the diagnosis of rabies, types of exposure to the virus and treatment of the disease
- Identify pre- and post-exposure prophylaxis regimens
- Discuss efforts currently being made to control the disease in the United States