Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This issue of the ERIC Notebook offered by the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health gives an introduction to information bias and misclassification. It includes examples and practice questions.
- Define information bias
- Discuss the differences between differential and non-differential misclassification bias
- Explain the effect that non-differential information bias can have on the measures of association in a given study
- Explain the effect that differential information bias can have on the measures of association in a given study
- List the major sources of information bias
- Describe how information bias can be reduced or eliminated in epidemiologic studies