Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This issue of the ERIC Notebook offered by the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health gives an introduction to common measures and statistics in epidemiological literature. It includes examples and practice questions.
- Define and calculate common epidemiologic measures of disease frequency: prevalence, risk, rate, and odds
- Define and calculate common epidemiologic measures of association: risk difference, risk ratio, rate ratio, and odds ratio
- Define P-values and confidence intervals
- Describe how P-values and confidence intervals are used
- Distinguish between crude and adjusted values