University of North Carolina
University of North Carolina PERLC
Mental Health in Public Health Emergencies
Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This module offered by the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health is part of a training series for local public health preparedness staff. It defines disaster behavioral health as it relates to public health preparedness. Topics addressed include: the role of disaster behavioral health providers, signs and symptoms of stress, self-care, and planning for behavioral health in disaster preparedness.
- Describe behavioral health as it relates to public health preparedness
- Explain the role of behavioral health providers
- Identify signs and symptoms of stress in disaster situations
- Discuss the importance of self care
- Discuss planning for behavioral health in threat preparedness
Responder Safety and Health