Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This presentation, offered by the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health, provides mental health professionals with a template for the central issues relevant to planning and execution of disaster interventions. It is part of the North Carolina Disaster Response Network Training series.
- Distinguish between facts and myths of disaster mental health work
- Understand fundamental guidelines of disaster response
- Gain awareness of Psychological First Aid
- Know the basic parameters of risk evaluation
- Have an appreciation for sensitivity to vulnerable populations and special needs