Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This presentation offered by the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health is part of the North Carolina Disaster Response Network Training series and provides an understanding of the variety of ethical issues which are present and that impact the effective response to disaster by mental health professionals.
- Understand what neutrality actually means
- Be able to adopt a non-judgmental posture
- Be mindful of confidentiality issues
- Be familiar with self-care and cultural competency
- Gain awareness of the ethical conflicts arise when there is an inequality of power and/or control