University at Albany, SUNY
New York-New Jersey PERLC
Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
The purpose of this course is to aid community health centers in developing and maintaining an emergency management plan that guides their response to all hazards.
- List the elements of an emergency management plan
- Understand the importance of having an emergency management team
- Explain the concept of all-hazards
- Understand the importance of community partners
- Describe the basic concepts of the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and the Incident Command System (ICS)
- Identify some of the various roles your community health center may undertake during an emergency
- Describe different types of staff training
- Understand the importance of evaluating and revising your emergency management plan
Emergency Operations Coordination