Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This course provides an overview of mass dispensing, which is a method health departments might use to give medication or vaccinations to a large number of people in a short period of time. The course describes what mass dispensing involves and how this fits into the national and state response to public health emergencies. It also outlines the leadership roles for community leaders during mass dispensing.
- Define mass dispensing and its purpose
- Identify the purpose of the Incident Command System
- Discuss the operating procedures of the Strategic National Stockpile (SNS)
- Describe some of the factors that have an impact on point of dispensing (POD) site selection
- Describe some of the POD's procedural activities
- Identify actions that can contribute to preparedness
- Describe different types of training