Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
Risk Communication is a science-based approach for communicating effectively in high concern, high stress, emotionally charged or controversial situations. This course provides an overview of the principles and practices of risk communication and practica
- Describe risk and crisis communication goals, principles, target audiences, techniques, and tools for high stress/high concern situations
- Describe why emotions and values often take precedence over logic and fact in an emergency, and how to address these issues by using well-tested risk communication principles
- Describe the steps in creating risk and crisis communication message maps
- Describe what makes a good messenger
- Describe steps to take when working with small groups, community gatherings, or the media