Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
A community-based disaster coalition is a collaborative group based within a county, community or geographical area composed of members from public, private, not-for-profit, and faith-based organizations. These types of coalitions join together to help their local communities prepare for and recover from disasters. This course will explain the roles and benefits of community-based disaster coalitions. The course also will explore the developmental stages of disaster coalitions, along with a coalition’s organizational components.
- Define community-based disaster coalition
- Recognize the benefits of a community-based disaster coalition
- Identify the developmental stages of a community-based disaster coalition
- Identify the roles and functions of community-based disaster coalitions throughout the emergency management phases
- Identify the organizational components of a community-based disaster coalition
- Identify approaches for building community-based disaster coalitions that meet community needs.