Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This online training course develops the awareness and knowledge of public health workers who may be deployed on Field Epidemiology strike teams in order to assist local, regional, state, and national epidemiology staff in disease investigations during surge capacity.
- Define terms and concepts associated with epidemiology
- Understand how to design and/or modify field epidemiology surveys and questionnaires
- Understand strategies for setting up an epidemiology field investigation surveillance system
- Be aware of the procedures and protocols for sampling and packaging of clinical specimens
- Be aware of the policies related to quarantine and isolation
- Understand interview communication concepts and techniques
- Understand the function and associated interview skills for epidemiological contact investigation