Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
Screening is a critical tool that can save lives, improve health outcomes, and can even help public health practitioners make tough decisions about how to allocate limited resources. In this module, you will learn what screening is, how to select an appropriate screening test and administer it, and how to evaluate the effectiveness of your screening program for your patients.
- Define screening and describe its role in public health work
- Determine diseases for which it is appropriate to screen
- Determine which tests are appropriate to use
- Describe important factors in the design and evaluation of screening programs
- Help clients interpret results of screening tests