Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This course will review the characteristics of bioterrorism agents and their impact on public health. This course will also review case studies of several releases of common bioterrorism agents and provide resources that are available to Public Health agencies.
- Define bioterrorism
- Understand bioterrorism trends
- List the major biological warfare agents
- Describe the CDC bioterrorism categories
- Recognize a biological warfare attack
- Describe the history and how each has been used as a bioweapon of the following bioterrorism agents: Anthrax, Variola (smallpox), The Plague, Tularemia, Botulism, Hemorrhagic Fever Viruses
- Understand the effect/mode of toxicity of each bioterrorism agent
- Review the symptoms of each bioterrorism agent
- Describe the treatment options of each bioterrorism agent
- List the ten steps to manage bioterrorism agents
- Describe the interim notification procedure
- Define the resources available to you in the event of bioterrorism