Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This course will review the various chemicals that are used as weapons and the health effects associated with certain chemical agents. This course will also cover the treatment options and identify sources of chemical agent information.
- Define chemical weapons
- Describe the characteristics of chemical weapons
- List the categories of chemical warfare agents
- Describe the health effects of the following CWAs: Blister Agents/Vesicants, Blood Agents, Choking/Lung/Pulmonary Agents, Nerve Agents, Incapacitating Agents, Biotoxins
- Understand the effect/mode of toxicity of each CWA
- Review the symptoms of each CWA
- Describe the treatment options of each CWA
- List additional resources with information about chemical weapons