Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
Engaging your community to address issues or topics that affect the well-being of the people in the community is an important part of emergency preparedness. This course provides information, ideas, and learning activities for Promotores.
- Define community engagement
- Describe the six stages of community engagement for emergency preparedness
- Describe the importance of stakeholders
- List the steps taken to identify stakeholders that will contribute to community emergency preparedness
- Identify potential stakeholders in your community
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of Promotores in community engagement
- Define the steps in planning a discussion with stakeholders
- Understand how to prepare target questions for your discussion
- Learn how to facilitate a discussion
- Review next steps that move you forward to address the topic of concern
- List the positive outcomes or results of community engagement