Leadership & Management
University of Iowa
Upper Midwest PERLC
Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This course is for public health leaders who may need to solve a problem or crisis by thinking critically about it and make appropriate decisions using an established six step model.
- Identify and clearly define a problem situation
- Gather facts about a problem situation in an efficient and effective manner
- Identify and categorize any constraints on possible solutions to a problem situation
- Employ an appropriate method to effectively generate alternative solutions to a problem situation
- Use a set of criteria (feasibility, suitability, and flexibility) to evaluate alternative solutions to a problem situation
- Develop an action plan for implementing a solution to a problem situation
- Monitor progress after implementing a solution to a problem situation to evaluate whether or not objectives are met
Responder Safety and Health
Emergency Operations Coordination