Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This 15-minute training course is for potential public health volunteers. It will explain why you are an essential part of a successful emergency response and guide you through the process of becoming a volunteer.
- Describe various roles volunteers will play in the response to a disaster or other public health emergency
- Describe what training is required to enable a volunteer to function safely and effectively in an emergency response
- List reasons why it is important for an individual who wishes to volunteer to become affiliated with an agency or organization incorporated in disaster response
- Describe issues to consider when choosing an agency or organization with which to affiliate
- Describe DMATs, the MRC, and various VOLAGs, in general and in reference to the types of volunteers needed and the type of commitment required.