Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This online course will help demystify social media and how it can be leveraged by public health organizations to meet public health goals in a community. It will provide a thorough overview of features and functionality of the most popular social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram, and more, along with real world examples of use and tools to help manage your social media communication strategy. You will learn how these tools will enhance your organization’s effectiveness during the preparedness, response, and recovery phases of an emergency or disaster. It will also examine how social media communication flowed during Superstorm Sandy, and potential applications for the future via a case study scenario.
- Learn what social media is and how it is used
- Learn 10 important things to know about social media
- Learn how-tos and tips and tricks for the most popular platforms: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest
- Learn about other popular platforms to share on social media: image sharing, video sharing, blogging
- Learn about building custom apps for disasters
- Learn about tools to help you manage social media better
- Learn about moving towards using social media in your organization: 8 important considerations