Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
Barbara Butcher, Chief of Staff, and Director of Forensic Investigations at the NYC Office of Chief Medical Examiner provides an overview of the core issues in Mass Fatality Management Operations. In this presentation learners are presented with the definition of mass fatality management, the primary objectives and description of tasks and responsibilities the newest state-of-the-art technologies that codify mass fatality management and the critical role of the Disaster Victim Identification Unit.
- Describe the four characteristics of a mass fatality event
- Name the primary objectives of mass fatality management operations
- Identify key operations in an incident response
- Identify where Mass Fatality Management fits within Emergency Support Functions and within NIMS-ICS
- Describe what UVIS (Unified Victim Identification System) is and its functions