Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This online course, designed for the practicing dental professional, uses industry best-practices and dental association recommendations to educate the dental practitioner about the preparation for and response to disasters and other public health emergencies. Topics include: Roles and responsibilities of the dental team, disaster preparedness and planning, emergency care of disaster patients, and more.
- Discuss the principles of emergency management
- Identify the pubic health roles of dentists in disaster and public health emergency response
- Discuss the role of communication in emergencies and disasters
- Identify the patterns of illness and injury associated with disasters and public health emergencies
- Discuss the effects of chemical, biological, radiological, and explosive agents and materials
- Discuss the principles of decontamination as it applies to the medical management of contaminated casualties
- List the specific clinical skills needed for disaster medicine
- Identify the clinical role dentists can play in disasters and public health emergencies
- Identify social, moral, and ethical issues inherent in disaster response
- Discuss the mental health implications and effects of disasters on patients