Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This online course uses the Columbia University developed emergency preparedness competencies to educate the public health workforce about the preparation for and response to disasters and other public health emergencies. It includes a self-study online learning component, while also requiring learners to demonstrate individual competencies within their public health occupational role. Participants who successfully complete the course will receive a completion.
- Describe the role of public health in emergency preparedness
- Identify and explain the relevance of each of the 7 core system capacities for public health preparedness
- Define and summarize the similarities and differences between an emergency and a disaster
- Summarize the purpose and importance of an emergency response plan
- Describe the utility of an incident command system in emergency response and identify where you fit within your organization’s chain of command