Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This is one of nine awareness-level online modules, developed by the University of Minnesota in the UM PHET series, that cover critical topics related to emergency preparedness. The Contact Investigation module provides an overview of contact investigation as an essential strategy for preventing and controlling serious communicable diseases. This module takes between 20-40 minutes to complete. Up to .05 Continuing Education Credits are available for successful completion of the module.
This training provides an overview of contact investigation as an essential strategy for preventing and controlling serious communicable diseases.
Participants are eligible to receive up to.05 CEUs or .5 contact hours for completion of training including pre-test, post test and evaluation.
- Define contact investigation (CI)
- Describe key elements of CI (disease, contacts, actions)
- Explain the steps of the CI process
- Describe the steps and essential components of interviewing
- Explain methods to locate and notify contacts
- State guidelines for field safety during CI