Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This training is designed to provide an overview and orientation to the general operations of a POD. It is intended to complement just-in-time training provided at the time of deployment. Public health staff and volunteers may find this training beneficial. Participants are eligible to receive a certificate upon completion of the training, which includes a pre-test, post-test, and evaluation.
- The important role that staff and volunteers will play in a large public health emergency
- Key issues that staff and volunteers should understand in advance of an emergency, and where additional information can be found
- Why mass dispensing is a national priority for planning, training, and exercises
- How the federal Strategic National Stockpile, or SNS, fits into overall public health emergency response
- Challenges to operating mass dispensing sites
- Basic site design and patient flow in a mass dispensing site
- The types of positions that must be filled for effective POD oepration
- The command structure used to manage sites