Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This is one of nine awareness-level online modules, developed by the University of Minnesota in the UM PHET series, that cover critical topics related to emergency preparedness. This module takes between 20-40 minutes to complete. This training describes decontamination methods and equipment, and identifies basic principles, standards and regulations for decontamination operations.
- Describe the purpose of decontamination
- Identify the standards regulating decontamination
- Describe the basic equipment used for decontamination
- Distinguish between emergency and technical decontamination
- Explain the process for decontamination in emergencies
- Prioritize patients for decontamination