Epidemiology & Surveillance
University of North Carolina
University of North Carolina PERLC
Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This issue of the ERIC Notebook offered by the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health gives an introduction to cross sectional studies. It includes examples and practice questions.
- Identify differences and similarities between cross-sectional and cohort studies
- Identify the uses of cross-sectional studies and describe how they are conducted
- Define and calculate the Prevalence Odds Ratio (POR) and Prevalence Ratio (PR)
- Describe how one measure (POR vs. PR) might be better than another in a given situation
- Discuss the limitations of cross sectional studies
Public Health Surveillance and Epidemiological Investigation