Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This issue of the ERIC Notebook offered by the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health continues with an introduction to confounding bias and effect measure modification. It includes examples and practice questions.
- Define effect measure modification and give examples
- Distinguish between confounding and effect measure modification
- Describe how to evaluate for confounding and effect measure modification in a study
- Identify the basic methods for controlling confounders in a study
- Determine if controlling for confounding is warranted in a study
- Describe the pros and cons of controlling for confounders in a study