Epidemiology & Surveillance
University of North Carolina
University of North Carolina PERLC
Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This issue of the ERIC Notebook offered by the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health gives an introduction to cohort studies. It includes examples and practice questions.
- Describe how cohort studies are developed and conducted
- List the advantages and disadvantages of cohort studies
- Identify whether or not a given situation warrants a prospective or retrospective study
- Define and calculate risk ratio
- Define and calculate incidence rate and incidence rate ratio
- Define and calculate risk difference and rate difference
Public Health Surveillance and Epidemiological Investigation