Epidemiology & Surveillance
University of North Carolina
University of North Carolina PERLC
Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This issue of the ERIC Notebook offered by the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health gives an introduction to case control studies. It includes examples and practice questions.
- Describe the basic case control study design
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of case-control studies
- Define, calculate and interpret the odds ratio (OR)
- Determine the appropriate source population for the cases in case control studies
- Determine the appropriate source population for the control group in case control studies
Public Health Surveillance and Epidemiological Investigation