Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This training, offered by the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health, defines risk communication and provides strategies for developing effective risk communication methods. Additionally, it discusses the role of the Public Information Officer (PIO) and how risk communication fits into the Incident Command System (ICS). It is part of a training series for local health department preparedness staff.
- Discuss the basic principles of risk communication in public health preparedness
- Explain the integration of risk communication into the Incident Command Systems (or ICS)
- Define Crisis and Emergency Risk Communication (or CERC)
- Identify key elements for crisis and emergency risk communication planning
- Describe the role of Public Information Officers (or PIOs) in North Carolina