Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This training, offered by the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health, provides background about public health preparedness planning, and discusses different types of planning. It discusses strategic planning to achieve public health preparedness capabilities and introduces several ways to format plans. Finally, strategies for overcoming barriers to planning are listed. It is part of a training series for preparedness staff at local public health agencies.
- Describe types of emergency plans that should exist at local health departments
- Describe the strategic planning process outlined in the Public Health Preparedness Capabilities Planning Model
- List strategies for effective planning
- Discuss elements of National Incident Management System (NIMS)-compliant plans
- Identify barriers to effective planning and strategies to address those barriers