Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This training, offered by the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health, builds awareness of the importance of self-care and basic self-care principles for a disaster responder. It is part of the North Carolina Disaster Response Network Training series
- Understand why mental health disaster responders need to be particularly attentive to self-care in disasters
- Recognize how caring for yourself is part of assisting others
- Be aware of compassion fatigue and related terms
- Describe four types of self-care practice
- Recognize when to apply self-care methods