Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This training, offered by the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health, discusses the issue of cultural competency and the impact on delivery of public health and healthcare services as well as what the healthcare industry must do in order to be compliant with national legislation.
- To explain what Title VI is and its implications for workers in the health care industry, especially public health
- To outline the demographic distribution of people by language and race in the United States
- To discuss cultural competence in the healthcare setting and how this relates to Title VI legislation
- To state the laws concerning cultural competence
- To outline the process of achieving cultural competency according to the cultural competency continuum
- To list the standards for measuring cultural competency in the healthcare industry