Epidemiology & Surveillance
University of North Carolina
University of North Carolina PERLC
Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This training offered by the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health gives the viewer an introduction to epidemiological investigations of foodborne disease outbreaks.
- Understand the importance of investigating foodborne disease outbreaks
- Understand the epidemiology of foodborne disease outbreaks in the US and North Carolina
- Understand the steps in an outbreak investigation by working through a large Salmonella serotype Heidelberg outbreak in a NC restaurant
- Understand the role of epidemiologist, microbiologist, environmental health specialist during an investigation
- Understand the importance of interacting with the media during a foodborne disease outbreak
Public Health Surveillance and Epidemiological Investigation