Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
This course was written with general information about special medical needs shelters with the intent to introduce learners to the concept of such shelters, as well as educate users on the operational and administrative aspects of such shelters.
- Describe the objectives of a Special Medical Needs Shelter (SMNS)
- List the various types of shelters that may be available during an emergency
- Identify SMNS admission and exclusion criteria
- Describe the basic operations of an SMNS
- Name and describe some of the various functional roles in an SMNS
- Describe triage and admission processes and criteria
- Understand some of the health, safety, and special issues you may encounter in an SMNS
- Understand shelter deactivation and closing procedures
- Describe the planning process for an SMNS