Go to training host page. You will leave this site.
There are a number of situations where local public health departments might need to mobilize a point of distribution (POD) to dispense medication or vaccinate a large group of people. Working in a POD provides you with an understanding of what a POD is, how it operates, and what functional roles you may be assigned as a volunteer serving in a POD.
- The purpose of a POD
- The general process flow of a public health POD
- How POD operations function within the National Incident Management System (NIMS) structure and Incident Command System (ICS) chain of command
- How public health POD operations will function in collaboration with first responders and other community-based agencies utilizing the ICS structure
- How public health POD operations will be activated
- Emergency response functional roles within a typical public health POD operation